Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Whew!!!!

I don't plan on rambling much in this one other than to say my thoughts and prayers have been with the people of the Gulf Coast the last couple of days. Hurricane Gustav only hit as a Cat 2 storm and didn't do anywhere near the devastation that Katrina and Rita did.

I want to applaude the people of New Orleans, Southern Louisiana and anyone else who evacuated for evacuating in the manner they did and leaving as soon as they could. This could have been a far worse event. I have family in the New Orleans area so I do keep good Ol' Nawlins and it's people close to my heart. Nevermind the fact they have the greatest food down there as long as you don't ask too many questions about what your eating.

Secondly, to the local and state governments along the Gulf Coast from Texas to Alabama, my hat is off to you as well. Its a shame we had to learn the way we did and that the storms couldn't have been reversed. As to be expected, many people were temporarily displaced due to the storm but the organization and readiness this time allowed for a much smoother process. Countless lives were saved, resources spared, and property protected.

God bless you all!!! I hope you all make it home safe.

No comments: